Water Purification FAQ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR WATER SOFTENERS
First of all, it’s important to understand where the dirt in your brine tank comes from. Water softener salt, though over 99 percent pure, does have some impurities because it is harvested naturally. Also, dirt or grime can be present in the water itself before it is filtered.
Know that having some dirt in your brine tank is perfectly fine, and that water softeners are designed to filter out the dirt before it goes into your water supply.
- For 2 people, 2 bags every 2 months.
- For 4 people, 3 bags every 2 months.
- For 6 people, 6 bags every 2 months.
- Has your water gone back to leaving water spots on dishes and in the bathrooms?
- Has your laundry gone back to being a little stiffer?
- Have you been noticing dry skin after showering again?
- Have faucets started to have mineral deposits again?
To put the system on bypass, you turn those knobs 90 degrees clockwise, as shown in the photo below. If the knobs feel tight, make sure you are turning them clockwise. If it is your first time putting the system on bypass it is normal for it to be tough.
However if we had to do the plumbing for your system then instead, you can use any hose spigot on the sides of the house.